Derna security chief assassinated
The new chief of the higher security committee in Derna, Colonel Mohammed Al-Hassi, was assassinated this afternoon when unknown assailants shot . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Jalu trench motivated by security fears By Jamal Adel. Tripoli, 5 January 2014: A member of Jalu Local Council has said that the huge trench to be built around . . .
- Explosion at Derna radio station, police attacked on arrival By Maha Ellawati. Benghazi, 17 December: Derna local radio station was hit by an explosion in the early hours of Monday morning, with . . .
- Water shortages from Benghazi to Sirte set to end as electricity supply is reconnected By Jamal Adel. Tripoli, 19 February 2014: Water shortages that have affected an area from Benghazi to Sirte since the . . .
- Boots on the ground: how Libya’s security and military are boosting domestic production By Taziz Hasairi. Tripoli, 9 April 2014: Libya’s security sector, from its newly-trained army and police forces to the brigades that still provide security in parts of the country are boost…
- Libyan armed forces take control of Derna sea port Tripoli, 20 September: Derna sea port was handed over to the armed forces on Tuesday, 18 September, having been under the control . . .
- Security officer in critical condition following shooting in Derna Derna, 6 September: A member of the security services was shot by unknown assailants in the eastern town of Derna on Tuesday, . . .
- Six gold medals for Libya in Junior weightlifting championship
- Six children among immigrants found in truck full of scrap metal
- Voter registration for vacant Constitutional Assembly seats reopens
- GNC announces cuts as it reviews one third of the 2014 budget
- Shakespeare’s birthday stirs Libyan English-language enthusiasts
- 450 companies confirmed for Libya Build exhibition
- US Deputy Secretary of State in Tripoli
- Correction: Libyan football federation fines players after they refuse to attend training in Portugal
- The LIA and its $11-billion investment outsourcing
- US embassy denies rumours of attack
- HNEC begins registering voters for new legislative elections
- Jordanian Foreign Ministry confirms ambassador still held
- Militants kick doctors out of Mizdah hospital
- Crackdown on Benghazi drugs and weapon trade continues
- Justice Minister denies reports of Jordanian ambassador release
Newsletter sign up
Join Libya Herald Mailing List