LD 1.5 billion claims for Sirte compensation — so far
Sirte, 21 April:
Claims for compensation for property and goods stolen or destroyed in Sirte during the revolution total so far nearly LD 1.5 billion dinars.
Confirming the figure, the director of the missing goods office at Sirte Local Council, Mohamed Ramadan Ben Gazzi, said that more than 4,000 people in the town and the surrounding district had made formal reports of possessions that were looted or destroyed last year.
Meanwhile, the heads of the press office at the council, Mustafa Alzoubi, said that that the committee set up in November to process complaints about theft and damage now had some 4,200 reports to work on.
More from Libya Herald..
- Cleaners commended for honourable behaviour
Tripoli, 10 July 2013:
The Ministry of Local Government and the local council of Zliten, have honoured three garbage collectors for handing over a bag of gold and silver, which they found in...
- Congress committee calls for action against oil facility attackers
By Ahmed Elumami.
Tripoli, 21 May 2013:
The Energy Committee of the General National Congress today said that that anyone who forces oil facilities to close should be prosecuted in the courts...
- Attempt to kidnap head of Mizdah council
By Ashraf Abdul-Wahab.
Tripoli, 9 October 2013:
There was an attempt today to kidnap the head of Mizdah local council, Abdel-Hakim Badran, at his offices in Tripoli. Badran was shot in the le...
- Another council leader for Sirte
Tripoli, 11 April 2103:
Sirte has a new council leader, its fourth in less than a year, following the resignation of Khalifa Al-Barq on Tuesday.
It is reported that Sirte's steering committee...
- UN Resolution 1973 says there must be compensation for foreign companies: Housing Minister
By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 11 May 2013:
Asked by Libya Herald why the government was not pushing forward with using local companies to complete many of the nearly finished housing projects,...