Benghazi goes to the polls
By George Grant
Benghazi, 19 May:
In the city’s first taste of democracy ahead of nationwide elections next month, Benghazi went to the . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Benghazi local election results announced— woman candidate wins most votes UPDATE By George Grant. Benghazi, 21 May: The results from the first democratic elections to take place in Benghazi for more than four decades . . .
- Benghazi’s first-time voter, aged 108 By Maha Ellawati. Benghazi, 3 May: One of Benghazi’s newest voters is Libya’s oldest person, 108-year-old Embarka Ali Saeed Al-Madani who lives in . . .
- New Benghazi council leader elected By Maha Ellawati. Benghazi, 1 June: Shahat Ibrahim Hassan Awami was elected leader of Benghazi Local Council today. Faraj Mohammed Massoud Alabbar was . . .
- Benghazi: Local council elections – the first test? Salah Ben Ali has lived all his life in Benghazi. An administrator with an international NGO based in Libya, he also writes . . .
- LD 50 million infrastructure projects confirmed for Sirte in 2014 By Sami Zaptia. Tripoli, 11 April 2014: The head of Sirte Local Council, Abdelfatah Siwi confirmed yesterday that a number of projects valued at LD 50 million will be implemented in the city …
- Car blast kills Air Force engineer, injures family By Ayman Amzein and Noora Ibrahim. Benghazi, 9 April 2014: An explosion in Benghazi has claimed the life of an Air Force flight technician leaving his wife injured and their infant daught…
- Benghazi hospital flooded again
- Sri Lanka stops sending workers to Libya, citing instability
- Six Libyan officer cadets chosen for UK training
- US reinforces commitment to Libya
- Six gold medals for Libya in Junior weightlifting championship
- Six children among immigrants found in truck full of scrap metal
- Voter registration for vacant Constitutional Assembly seats reopens
- GNC announces cuts as it reviews one third of the 2014 budget
- Shakespeare’s birthday stirs Libyan English-language enthusiasts
- 450 companies confirmed for Libya Build exhibition
- US Deputy Secretary of State in Tripoli
- Correction: Libyan football federation fines players after they refuse to attend training in Portugal
- The LIA and its $11-billion investment outsourcing
- US embassy denies rumours of attack
- HNEC begins registering voters for new legislative elections
Newsletter sign up
Join Libya Herald Mailing List