Benghazi goes to the polls
By George Grant
Benghazi, 19 May:
In the city’s first taste of democracy ahead of nationwide elections next month, Benghazi went to the . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Benghazi local election results announced— woman candidate wins most votes UPDATE By George Grant. Benghazi, 21 May: The results from the first democratic elections to take place in Benghazi for more than four decades . . .
- Benghazi’s first-time voter, aged 108 By Maha Ellawati. Benghazi, 3 May: One of Benghazi’s newest voters is Libya’s oldest person, 108-year-old Embarka Ali Saeed Al-Madani who lives in . . .
- New Benghazi council leader elected By Maha Ellawati. Benghazi, 1 June: Shahat Ibrahim Hassan Awami was elected leader of Benghazi Local Council today. Faraj Mohammed Massoud Alabbar was . . .
- Benghazi: Local council elections – the first test? Salah Ben Ali has lived all his life in Benghazi. An administrator with an international NGO based in Libya, he also writes . . .
- LD 50 million infrastructure projects confirmed for Sirte in 2014 By Sami Zaptia. Tripoli, 11 April 2014: The head of Sirte Local Council, Abdelfatah Siwi confirmed yesterday that a number of projects valued at LD 50 million will be implemented in the city …
- Car blast kills Air Force engineer, injures family By Ayman Amzein and Noora Ibrahim. Benghazi, 9 April 2014: An explosion in Benghazi has claimed the life of an Air Force flight technician leaving his wife injured and their infant daught…
- Confusion surrounds the situation at Zueitina port
- International efforts to promote dialogue and consensus grow
- Grand Mufti condemns diplomats’ kidnappings and embassy attacks
- Libyan militants whose freedom is sought by kidnappers are “innocent” claims negotiator
- Allegations of gas lead during first Hariga terminal loading denied
- Iraq embassy working as normal, staff have not left Libya
- Second NOC conference on environmental protection to be held in June
- No incidents mar elections in 16 new municipalities
- Government denies rumours about Jordanian ambassador’s release
- Kidnapped Benghazi student freed
- Italian ambassador back in Tripoli – has not quit the country
- GNC sitting to hear from Prime Ministerial candidates
- Clashes in Sirte leave one dead
- Integrity Commision decision overturned – 16 months on
- Business as usual for Tunisians despite kidnappings says embassy
Newsletter sign up
Join Libya Herald Mailing List