Official death toll triples for Nafusa Mountain clashes
Tripoli, 20 June:
A hundred and five people were killed and around 500 wounded during last week’s clashes in the Nafusa Mountains, . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Libya’s UN chief calls for end to Kufra and Zintan-Shagiga conflicts, stresses need to address root causes Tripoli, 17 June:
The head of the UN mission in Libya, Ian Martin, today expressed his concern about the resumption of hostilities . . .
- Government sends army to Nafusa Mountains in bid to end clashes Tripoli, 16 June:
Government forces have been deployed to the Nafusa Mountains in a bid to put an end to clashes there. . . .
- Airport Road quiet after clashes leave two dead and four injured By Houda Mzioudet.
Tripoli, 20 July, 2013:
Calm seems to have returned to Tripoli’s Hay Al-Zohour district on the Airport Road, after clashes . . .
- Peace deal between Zintan and Reyayna By Ahmed Elumami.
Tripoli, 19,August 2013:
A peace deal between Reyayna and Zintan has been hammered out to end the cold war between . . .
- Zintan backs GNC amid 15 February concerns Tripoli, 2 February 2013:
Zintan has declared its loyalty to the General National Congress (GNC). The declaration comes amidst growing concerns that . . .
- Qaaqaa leader Othman Milaiqtah seriously injured; assassination attempt alleged By Libya Herald staff.
Tripoli, 20 February 2014:
Othman Milaiqtah, the commander of the Qaaqaa Brigade, has . . .