“Business as usual” for British embassy following rocket attack on ambassador
By George Grant.
Tripoli, 23 June:
The British ambassador gave his assessment of Libya’s prospects for democratic transition during a wide-ranging interview
The British Ambassador to Libya, Sir Dominic Asquith, has spoken of the “fantastic” levels of support he . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Libyan language students honoured by British embassy for army training help By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 10 April 2014:
Libyan language students at Tripoli university were honoured by British ambassador Micheal Arron yesterday for their help with interpretation and f…
- European parliament representative speaks of “incredible optimism” for Libya’s future By George Grant.
Tripoli, 17 June:
The European Parliament’s standing rapporteur for Libya, Ana Gomes MEP, has spoken of her “incredible optimism” for . . .
- Exclusive Interview with Mustafa Abushagur, Deputy Prime Minister of Libya Mustafa Abushagur has been much in the news this past week following the arrest of Abdullah Senussi in . . .
- The Libyan Elections: “One of the best I have seen so far” — EU chief monitor
Tripoli, 27 October:
The European Union’s Election Assessment Team (EU EAT) produced its final report last week on the 7 July elections for the General National Congress. It is an extremely…
- NOC Chairman says 1.5m b/d by mid-March, 1.6m by mid June: Exclusive interview Tripoli 10 March: In the week that Libya’s National Oil Corporation (NOC) announced that oil production had reached 1.4 million b/d . . .
- Grand Mufti warns of Libyans converting to Shiism and Christianity, calls for Sharia-compliant consumer protection body. Tripoli, 24 June:
The Grand Mufti of Libya and Head of the Supreme Council for Fatwa (Dar Al-Iftaa), Sheikh Sadik Al-Ghariani says that . . .