Elections Analysis: So who are they and what do they actually stand for?
By George Grant.
Tripoli, 30 June 2012:
3,708 candidates are standing for election in individual seats and for political parties
If Libyans are feeling a little confused about the imminent National Conference elections, then they aren’t . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Water shortages from Benghazi to Sirte set to end as electricity supply is reconnected By Jamal Adel.
Tripoli, 19 February 2014:
Water shortages that have affected an area from Benghazi to Sirte since the . . .
- EXCLUSIVE: Jibril’s National Forces Alliance looks set for victory By George Grant and Michel Cousins.
Benghazi and Tripoli:
Mahmoud Jibril’s National Forces Alliance (NFA) looks set for victory in Libya’s historic National . . .
- Party Profile: The Nation Party By Umar Khan.
Tripoli, 30 June:
The Nation Party (Hizb Al-Watan) was founded in April of this year and has the backing the . . .
- Oil port deal on, despite government silence By Muttaz Ali and Tom Westcott.
Tripoli, 7 April 2014:
The oil port deal struck between members of the government, the General National Congress . . .
- Kufra election boycott going ahead as 1,000 Tebu are disbarred from vote By George Grant.
Tripoli, 4 July:
More than 1,000 Tebu from the southern desert town of Kufra have been disbarred from voting in . . .
- We changed the way the ‘Committee of 60’ is to be chosen for the sake of unity – Mustafa Abdul Jalil By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 22 July:
In a telephone interview on the Libya Alhurra satellite TV channel last night, the head of the . . .