Ajdabiya election storage centre burned by suspected federalist arsonists
Tripoli, 5 July:
The fire destroyed large quantities of election materials ahead of Saturday’s vote
The main storage centre for election materials was burned down by suspected federalist arsonists in Ajdabiya this morning, destroying . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Oil port deal on, despite government silence By Muttaz Ali and Tom Westcott.
Tripoli, 7 April 2014:
The oil port deal struck between members of the government, the General National Congress . . .
- Federalists welcome Jibril victory; hint at dissolution if dialogue successful By George Grant.
Tripoli, 10 July:
The leadership of Libya’s eastern federalists has said that it welcomes the victory of Mahmoud Jibril’s National . . .
- Cyrenaica federalists declare self government on 64th anniversary of Emirate of Cyrenaica independence By Ahmed Ruhayam.
Benghazi, 1 June 2013:
Several thousand Cyrenaican supporters of federalism attended a major rally in Marj today at which Sheikh . . .
- Pro-federal rallies in Ajdabiya and Bayda mark Cyrenaica’s 1949 “independence” By Maha Ellawati.
Benghazi, 2 June:
There were pro-Cyrenaica rallies in Ajdabiya, Al-Bayda and other eastern towns on Friday against the distribution of . . .
- Opinion: Should Libya consider federalism? By Ismail Suayah. On March 6, factions in eastern Libya gathered in the city of Benghazi to revive federalism, a system previously adopted in . . .
- Federalist violence threatens to backfire following fatal attack on helicopter in Benghazi By George Grant.
Benghazi, 6 July:
One man was killed and another wounded outside Benghazi today, when suspected pro-federalist gunmen fired on a . . .