Federalists welcome Jibril victory; hint at dissolution if dialogue successful
By George Grant.
Tripoli, 10 July:
The CTC’s leader, Ahmed Zubair, has described Jalil as “the closest to us” of all the party leaders
The leadership of Libya’s eastern federalists has said that it welcomes the victory of Mahmoud Jibril’s National . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Oil port deal on, despite government silence By Muttaz Ali and Tom Westcott.
Tripoli, 7 April 2014:
The oil port deal struck between members of the government, the General National Congress . . .
- Benghazi goes to the polls amidst continued federalist disruption By George Grant.
Benghazi, 7 July:
Jubilant Benghazi electors cast their votes today amidst continued federalist disruption that has seen seven polling centres . . .
- Federalist violence threatens to backfire following fatal attack on helicopter in Benghazi By George Grant.
Benghazi, 6 July:
One man was killed and another wounded outside Benghazi today, when suspected pro-federalist gunmen fired on a . . .
- We changed the way the ‘Committee of 60’ is to be chosen for the sake of unity – Mustafa Abdul Jalil By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 22 July:
In a telephone interview on the Libya Alhurra satellite TV channel last night, the head of the . . .
- You May Have Your Elections, But Eastern Libya Will Not Settle For Second Class Status By Nasr H. Anaizi
On the eve of the general elections the mood in Benghazi is decidedly subdued in contrast to the . . .
- Opinion: On the second anniversary of the 17th February 2011 Revolution – reflections and considerations. By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 17th February 2013:
Here we are two years on from the start of Libya’s 17th February Revolution. Two years . . .