Latest results for political parties
Tripoli, 10 July:
The High National Election Commission have announced the latest results in the elections for the National Congress. These are still partial results. The Libya Herald is listing the first six placed parties in each constituency at present. The decision as to how many seats will be allocated to winning parties will not be worked out until the final results are known.
The results so far show Mahmoud Jebril’s National Forces Alliance heading for a massive victory and, confounding earlier expectations that it would do well, the Muslim Brotherhood’s Justice and Development trailing badly.
Tobruk, El Guba, Derna - 5 seats (90% of votes counted)
- National Forces Alliance 57,234
- Justice and Development Party 8,333
- National Central Party 4,817
- National Front 2,984
- Nation Party 2,546
- Federation for Nation Party 2,020
Sebha - 5 seats (75% of votes counted)
- National Forces Alliance 7,576
- Labaika Watani Party 3,026
- Justice and Development Party 2,241
- National Libyan Party 1,601
- Nation for Development Party 1,241
- National Central Party 1,17
Wadi Eshatti, Brak - 4 seats (77% of votes counted)
- Justice and Development Party 2,070
- Al Watan (Nation) and Development Party 1,175
- Arrakeeza (Base) Party 1,109
- National Party in Wadi Eshatti 1,082
- National Democratic Movement Party 1,011
- National Reconciliation Party 958
Misrata - 4 seats (99% of votes counted)
- Union for Homeland Party 24,476
- Justice and Development Party 20,137
- National Front 13,449
- National Forces Alliance 7,856
- Nation for Development Party 6,395
- National Liberal Congress 5,840
Zliten - 3 seats (96% of votes counted)
- National Forces Alliance: 24,622
- Justice and Development Party 7,638
- National Independent Party 4,037
- Nation Party 2,843
- National Front Party 1,981
- Federation for Nation Party 1,416
Tarhouna, Imslata, Al-Khums - 3 seats (96% of votes counted)
- National Forces Alliance 26,876
- Justice and Development Party 7,282
- National Central Party 4,153
- Nation Party 2,609
- Federation for Nation Party 2,466
- Development for Libya Party 2,106
Janzour - 3 seats (98% of votes counted)
- National Forces Alliance 29,379
- Justice and Development Party 2,680
- Al Kedwa Political Party 1,445
- Al Asala (Genuineness) and Development Party 1,324
- Jebal Nafusa Party 748
- Nation Party 687
Al-Maya, Al-Nasiriyah, Al-Aziziyah - 3 seats (85% of votes counted)
- National Forces Alliance 47,395
- Nation Party 3,755
- Federation for Nation Party 3,745
- National Central Party 2,725
- The One Libya Party 2,279
- National Congress Party 2,025
More from Libya Herald..
- Congress independent members mull PM and chairman choices
By Michel Cousins.
Tripoli, 28 July:
It is reported that broad agreement been reached by a powerful block of members of the newly-elected National Congress that Libya’s next prime minister sh...
- Results for parties — latest
Tripoli, 11 July:
The High National Election Commission released its latest figures on Monday evening on voting for parties.
So far, the National Forces Alliance (NFA) led by Mahmoud Jibril h...
- Union for Homeland party claims lead in Misrata
Tripoli, 8 July:
The Union for Homeland Party claims to be substantially in the lead in Misrata with the Muslim Brotherhood's Justice and Construction Party trailing some way behind. “One seat ...
- Analysis: Elections in Libya —the surprises
By Umar Khan.
Tripoli, 16 July:
The results of the first elections of Libya in over four decades have been emerging gradually and there almost certainly will still be major surprises ahead. There...
- Party list results on Thursday night
Tripoli, 13 July:
On Thursday evening, the High National Election Commission announced the latest results for the 80 seats reserved for parties in the National Congress elections. All the party ...