Jalil in headscarf controversy as first row erupts at National Congress
By George Grant.
Sarah Elmesallati was midway through her presentation when Mustafa Abdul Jalil ordered her off the stage (Photo: George Grant)
Tripoli, 9 August:
A fierce row broke out in the National Congress this morning, Thursday, after one congressman walked out . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- No more trials for civilians in military courts, Jalil included, says Justice Minister By George Grant.
Tripoli, 19 December:
The Ministry of Justice is planning to amend a Qaddafi-era law that allows civilians to be tried . . .
- Abdul Jalil will stand trial “very soon” in connection with Younis murder By Mohamed Bujenah and George Grant.
Benghazi, 16 December:
Mustafa Abdul Jalil will stand trial “very soon” in connection with the killing of . . .
- Libya and Niger takes steps to improve relations Tripoli, 5 May:
Niger’s Prime Minister Brigi Rafini made a surprise visit to Tripoli on Friday, to meet with NTC chairman Mustafa . . .
- Jalil scotches rumours of future involvement in Jibril presidential council Tripoli, 8 August:
NTC Chairman Mustafa Abdul Jalil has denied rumours that he will be involved in forming a presidential council following . . .
- Abdul Jalil recuperating after hernia operation Benghazi, 7 May:
NTC Chairman Mustafa Abdul Jalil is . . .
- Salabi meeting with Qaddafi supporters prompts widespread criticism By Umar Khan.
Tripoli, 28 May:
The Muslim cleric and political party founder, Ali Salabi, has sparked controversy by meeting with a group . . .