Widespread condemnation of mosque attacks and demands for government action
By Hadi Fornaji
Tripoli, 28 August
A group of NGOs and moderate imams demonstrating jointly yesterday at the GNC against extremism, the illegal use of force and the destruction of Libyan heritage (Photo: S. Zaptia)
Some 21 organisations, including Lawyers for Justice in Libya (LFJL), have condemned the recent mosque attacks and . . .
- “Operation Dignity” gathers support By Libya Herald staff.
Tripoli, 21 May 2014:
The movement “Operation Dignity,” […]
- International community responds to eastern oil terminal agreement By Libya Herald staff.
Tripoli, 8 April 2014:
The governments of France, Germany, […]
- Oil port deal on, despite government silence By Muttaz Ali and Tom Westcott.
Tripoli, 7 April 2014:
The oil port deal struck […]
- Sufi shrine attacks “cannot be tolerated” says UNESCO chief By Tom Westcott.
London, 29 August:
The Director-General of UNESCO, Irina Bokova, […]
- The destruction of Libya’s Sufi heritage By Dr Ismail Suayah
North Carolina, USA, September, 2012:
My wife is my favorite […]
- Southern towns could set transitional justice example
Tripoli, 19 September 2013:
Locals in Sebha and Brak have welcomed a weekend of […]