National Congress passes raft of new measures regulating selection of PM
By George Grant & Sami Zaptia.
Neither the prime minister nor some of the most senior ministers will be permitted to hold dual nationality or have a foreign spouse.
Tripoli, 3 September:
The National Congress has announced a raft of new measures regulating the selection of . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Al-Thinni officially appointed PM, new government within a week By Ashraf Abdul-Wahab and Hadi Fornaji.
Tripoli, 8 April 2014:
Abdullah Al-Thinni was today officially appointed as Prime Minister by the General National . . .
- UN Resolution 1973 says there must be compensation for foreign companies: Housing Minister
By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 11 May 2013:
Asked by Libya Herald why the government was not pushing forward with using local companies to complete many of the nearly finished housing projects,…
- Samsung Galaxy S5 officially launched in Libya – with the rest of the world By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 7 April 2014:
Samsung’s authorized Libyan mobile dealer, Tawasel, introduced the latest in the Galaxy . . .
- Justice Minister refutes reports that Saif Qaddafi trial will begin today By Ashraf Abdul-Wahab and George Grant.
Tripoli, 1 September:
Justice Minister Ali Ashour Ehmida has denied reports that the trial of Saif Qaddafi . . .
- New government to be formed on 8 September Tripoli, 30 August:
The National Congress has officially announced that ministers will be nominated to form a new government no later than 8 September.
Under the Constitutional Declaratio…
- Libyan language students honoured by British embassy for army training help By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 10 April 2014:
Libyan language students at Tripoli university were honoured by British ambassador Micheal Arron yesterday for their help with interpretation and f…