Three Salafists reported dead following clashes with locals defending Sufi shrines
By Maha Ellawati.
Benghazi, 8 September:
Three people have been killed in the latest attempt by militant Salafists to destroy a Sufi shrine, . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Two dead and one injured in Benghazi land dispute By Noora Ibrahim.
Benghazi, 11 April 2014:
Two men were killed and another injured on Thursday when they exchanged fire with another gunman in Benghazi’s Sabri area.
Spokesperson for Bengh…
- Salafist attempt to destroy Zliten shrine sparks country-wide anger Tripoli, March 11: The attempt by Salafists on Friday to attack and destroy one of Libya’s most important Sufi shrines, in . . .
- Libya Shield forces did not join in Salafist attack says commander By Ashraf Abdul Wahab.
Tripoli, 10 September:
The leader of Libya Shield Forces in east of the country, Wisam Bin Hamid, has denied reports that . . .
- Ghannouchi in Zliten Tripoli, March 12: Rachid Ghannouchi, the head of Tunisia’s moderate Islamist Ennahda Party which leads his country’s coalition government, is in Zliten . . .
- Massive damage to major sufi shrine follows fatal Zliten clashes By Hadi Fornaji.
Tripoli, 24 August:
One of Libya’s most . . .
- UN Resolution 1973 says there must be compensation for foreign companies: Housing Minister
By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 11 May 2013:
Asked by Libya Herald why the government was not pushing forward with using local companies to complete many of the nearly finished housing projects,…