Ansar Al-Sharia on collision course with “Save Benghazi” rally this Friday
By Hadi Fornaji.
Members of Ansar Al-Sharia at a recent protest. (Photo: Mohammed Hannon/AP)
Tripoli, 20 September:
The Ansar Al-Sharia brigade has declared its intention to organise a mass protest in Benghazi’s Kish Square . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Americans file murder charges in Chris Stevens’ killing Tripoli, 7 August 2013:
The US authorities have filed criminal charges in the case of the attack on the US diplomatic compound . . .
- Bomb fails to deter major Benghazi pro-Saiqa demonstration By Noora Ibrahim and Ayman Amzein.
Benghazi, 29 November 2013:
A small “gelatina” bomb was thrown into a major pro-Saiqa, anti-Ansar Al-Sharia demonstration . . .
- Water shortages from Benghazi to Sirte set to end as electricity supply is reconnected By Jamal Adel.
Tripoli, 19 February 2014:
Water shortages that have affected an area from Benghazi to Sirte since the . . .
- Abushagur vows to do “whatever it takes” to put a stop to Ansar Al-Sharia “inferno” threat By George Grant and Hadi Fornaji.
London and Tripoli, 19 September:
Ansar Al-Sharia, the militia suspected of involvement in last Tuesday’s deadly assault . . .
- US proscribes Ansar Al-Sharia, fingers leaders and doubles Chris Stevens murder bounty Libya Herald staff:
Tripoli, 10 January 2013:
Washington has branded Ansar Al-Sharia in Benghazi, Derna and Tunisia, terrorist organisations and named three leaders . . .
- Benghazi fighting subsides as Ansar Al-Sharia “disappears” Benghazi/Tripoli.
By Libya Herald staff.
The death toll in fighting in Benghazi between the army’s Special Forces Saiqa Brigade and Ansar Al-Sharia is . . .