Electricity to Tajoura to be cut on Wednesday
Tripoli, 16 October:
GECOL, the General Electricity Company of Libya, has announced that the the electricity supply to Tripoli’s Tajoura district will be cut off tomorrow, Wednesday, for safety reasons while maintenace and upgrading work takes place at a local sub station.
According to the company’s information director, Lutfi Ghuma, work at the station is urgently required. Power will be returned as soon as possible, he said.
More from Libya Herald..
- Power cuts next week in Al-Jmail and neighbourhood Tripoli, 9 October:
The General Electricity Company will be cutting the power supply to Zuwara, Rigdaleen and Al-Jmail next Tuesday, so it can undertake essential works.
The company’s Info...
- Cleaners commended for honourable behaviour
Tripoli, 10 July 2013:
The Ministry of Local Government and the local council of Zliten, have honoured three garbage collectors for handing over a bag of gold and silver, which they found in...
- Power restored to Tripoli airport Tripoli, 6 September:
Electricity supplies were restored to Tripoli international airport yesterday afternoon, having been cut off in the early hours of the morning.
The malfunction led t...
- UN Resolution 1973 says there must be compensation for foreign companies: Housing Minister
By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 11 May 2013:
Asked by Libya Herald why the government was not pushing forward with using local companies to complete many of the nearly finished housing projects,...
- GECOL warns of power cuts after closure of southern power station By Libya Herald staff.
Tripoli, 21 January 2014:
The country could be facing power cuts following the temporary closure of Sarir power station in the south of the country, according to the Ge...