Opinion: Is there such a thing as a Legitimate Armed Militia?
By Sufyan Maghur.
The incident of Wednesday 31 October, the blockade of the GNC and effectively putting a pause on Libya’s democratic . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Deputy Prime Minister Barasi promises action by the current government By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 29 December:
At a press conference held at the Prime Minister’s Office on Thursday (27th December), Deputy Prime Minister . . .
- GNC group calls on Abu Sahmain to resign By Libya Herald Staff.
Tripoli, 7 April 2014:
A group of 30 members of the General National Congress (GNC) has demanded the resignation . . .
- Al-Thinni officially appointed PM, new government within a week By Ashraf Abdul-Wahab and Hadi Fornaji.
Tripoli, 8 April 2014:
Abdullah Al-Thinni was today officially appointed as Prime Minister by the General National . . .
- Benghazi CID chief abducted by armed men By Maha Ellawati and Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 3 January:
The head of the Benghazi Criminal Investigation Department (CID), Abdulsalam Al-Mihdawi, was kidnapped yesterday evening in Benghazi …
- Opinion: The planned 15th February demonstrations in a few lines By Mosadeq Hobrara.
Tripoli, 14 February 2013:
In the last few months there has been growing discontent across the country about the current . . .
- Opinion: A People’s Constitution — The importance of inclusion in constitution making By Nelufer Elbadri.
Tripoli, 17 October:
We Libyans are learning that overthrowing the Qaddafi regime was only the first step of the revolution. . . .