Egypt suspends consular activity in Benghazi over security concerns
Tripoli, 8 November:
The Egyptian consulate in Benghazi closed on Monday due to concerns that its staff did not have adequate security . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Angry protests at Egypt’s Benghazi consulate Benghazi, 24 October:
Egypt’s consulate in Benghazi was again the scene of violent protests today, Wednesday, by Libyans angry at new Egyptian . . .
- Multiple road closures bring Tripoli to a standstill By Libya Herald staff.
Tripoli, 7 April 2014:
Much of Tripoli is at a standstill this afternoon, with multiple road closures leading to . . .
- Egyptian entry visa row unresolved Tripoli, 16 November:
Tensions continue in Benghazi over claims that there are excessive delays in obtaining Egyptian entry visas. Earlier this week, . . .the Egyptian consulate was attacked and d…
- Egypt evacuates citizens from Bani Walid
By Ashraf Abdul Wahab.
Tripoli, 7 October:
The Egyptian embassy has started to evacuate Egyptian citizens from the besieged town of Bani Walid. . . .
- Zeidan admits the security situation scared foreigners away By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 8 May 2013:
Prime Minister Ali Zeidan, speaking at this evening’s press conference admitted that the security situation has . . .
- Americans file murder charges in Chris Stevens’ killing Tripoli, 7 August 2013:
The US authorities have filed criminal charges in the case of the attack on the US diplomatic compound . . .