Still no solution in sight for Tawerghans
By Valerie Stocker and Maha Ellawati
Many of the camps housing displaced Tawerghans are unfit for habitation, according to a community spokesman. (Photo: Maha Ellawati)
Tripoli, 8 November:
Over a year after the former regime was overthrown, the people who fled from . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- What the fighting left behind – a visit to Warshefana By Valerie Stocker.
Tripoli, 31 January 2014:
When reporters visited Warshefana last Friday, 24 January, the area . . .
- Defying the odds – the first national Tebu festival draws Libyans from across the southern region to Murzuk, despite security concerns By Valerie Stocker
Murzuk, 8 April 2013:
Deadly migrant trails, cross-border smuggling, bloody tribal clashes, extremist militants and weapons proliferation – the news . . .
- The security issue is the biggest threat to Libya: Jibril Former Prime Minister Mahmoud Jibril sees security as the biggest challenge facing the country. He was speaking on Thursday in Tripoli . . .
- UN Resolution 1973 says there must be compensation for foreign companies: Housing Minister
By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 11 May 2013:
Asked by Libya Herald why the government was not pushing forward with using local companies to complete many of the nearly finished housing projects,…
- French media reactions to the embassy bombing By Valerie Stocker.
Paris, 24 April 2013:
Yesterday’s bombing of the French Embassy in Tripoli has produced widespread media coverage in France, with . . .
- Civil society organisations create network to influence the Constitution drafting process By Valerie Stocker.
Tripoli, 6 October:
Libyan civil society activists are creating a network they hope will help impact their country’s first Constitution . . .