Plight of foreigners in Libya “worse than under Qaddafi” claims Amnesty International
By Hadi Fornaji.
Many sub-Saharan Africans in Libya are accused of having been mercenaries for Qaddafi.
Tripoli, 13 November:
Undocumented foreign nationals in Libya are at risk of exploitation, arbitrary and indefinite detention, as well as . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Choucha refugee camp to close at end of June
Tripoli, 10 June 2013:
The Choucha refugee camp on the Tunisian-Libyan border will close as planned on 30 June, despite protests from those living in the camp, according to the Tunisian news…
- Choucha refugee camp in Tunisia to close
Tripoli, 23 March 2013:
The Choucha refugee camp on the Tunisia-Libya border will close on 30 June, according to the Tunisian News Agency TAP.
Spokesperson for the United Nations refugee …
- Refugees dying needlessly, says Human Rights Watch Tripoli, 16 August:
Dozens of refugees die needlessly in the Mediterranean every year, according to a paper published by Human Rights Watch . . .
- Defence minister says army chief has “no control” over Bani Walid By George Grant.
Tripoli, 30 October:
The head of the Libyan armed forces, General Yousef Mangoush, has no control over Bani Walid and . . .
- Refugees from Libya refuse to leave closed Choucha camp By Houda Mzioudet.
Tripoli, 30 June 2013:
Some 650 refugees have refused to leave the Choucha refugee camp at the Tunisian-Libyan border, which . . .
- On the first anniversary of Qaddafi’s death – is Libya better off a year on? By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 20 October:
A year today Libya’s ruler of 42 years, Muamar Qaddafi died. It was a day that is . . .