Opinion: A People’s Constitution — The importance of inclusion in constitution making
By Nelufer Elbadri.
Tripoli, 17 October:
We Libyans are learning that overthrowing the Qaddafi regime was only the first step of the revolution. . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Opinion: Handover ceremony – Mustafa Abdul Jalil controversial to the end By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 11 August:
Islam, democracy, personal freedoms, secularism and the new Libya
The handover ceremony between Libya’s unelected and outgo…
- National Congress leader Magarief says Libya should be a “secular state” By Sami Zaptia.
Research by Nihal Zaroug.
Tripoli, 1 October:
For the first time in his official capacity as the de facto president of . . .
- On the first anniversary of Qaddafi’s death – is Libya better off a year on? By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 20 October:
A year today Libya’s ruler of 42 years, Muamar Qaddafi died. It was a day that is . . .
- Magarief strongly supports women’s inclusion in the constitution drafting committee By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 27 December:
Libya’s leading women’s NGOs met with GNC head Mohamed Magarief yesterday morning at the GNC office buildings . . .
- Europe will fully support Libya if it respects human rights – Ana Gomes, European Parliament Rapporteur on Libya By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 6 October:
LIBYA HERALD EXCLUSIVE
Ana Gomes member of the European Parliament and Rapporteur on Libya concluded a successful visit . . .
- NGO Voice of Libyan Women holds women’s political debates in Zawia Tripoli, 7 January:
Yesterday was the first of a new bi-weekly discussion forum called “marbo3a seeyasia” (Political Sittings, gatherings or salons) that . . .