The Libyan public’s role in drafting the Constitution: Part I
By Lorianne Updike Toler.
Public participation in the Constitution-drafting process is essential to ensure the final document enshrines the rights and freedoms of the Libyan people. (Photo: George Grant)
New York City, 23 November:
Over the past week, the GNC has turned to the question of who . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Final vote on the Constitutional Drafting Committee election law slated for tomorrow By Nihal Zaroug.
Tripoli, 15 July 2013:
Tomorrow should see the final vote on the election law for the Constitutional Drafting Committee.
A call . . .
- Al-Thinni officially appointed PM, new government within a week By Ashraf Abdul-Wahab and Hadi Fornaji.
Tripoli, 8 April 2014:
Abdullah Al-Thinni was today officially appointed as Prime Minister by the General National . . .
- Update: On the Struggle for an Inclusive Constitutional Assembly By the Libyan Women’s Platform for Peace, and a coalition of Libyan civil society organisations.
Tripoli, 13 July 2013:
The National Congress failed . . .
- NFA rejects Congress roadmap By Ahmed Elumami.
Tripoli, 5 January 2014:
The National Forces Alliances (NFA) has rejected the roadmap for the new . . .
- Opinion: A People’s Constitution — The importance of inclusion in constitution making By Nelufer Elbadri.
Tripoli, 17 October:
We Libyans are learning that overthrowing the Qaddafi regime was only the first step of the revolution. . . .
- Opinion: Handover ceremony – Mustafa Abdul Jalil controversial to the end By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 11 August:
Islam, democracy, personal freedoms, secularism and the new Libya
The handover ceremony between Libya’s unelected and outgo…