New documentary to recount horrors of Libya-Chad war
By Mohammed Elsharif.
Chadian forces in a Toyota pick-up truck. The final stage of the conflict was known as the Toyota War.
Tripoli, 26 November:
The near-decade long conflict between Niger and Chad, which ran from 1978-1987, is one of the darker . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Illegal immigration – a concern but “under control” By Houda Mzioudet.
Tripoli, 3 March 2013:
“They may return, be jailed and so on and so forth; that is life. But otherwise . . .
- No Chad rebels in Libya and no Chadian incursion either: Zeidan By Hadi Fornaji.
Tripoli, 5 May 2013:
The Zeidan government appears to have been stung by claims from Chad’s President Idriss Deby, that . . .
- Chadian Tebu forces reportedly enter Libya to join fighting around Kufra Kufra, 16 June:
Tebu forces from Chad reportedly entered Libya late this afternoon, Saturday, engaging government forces in the Al-Twalab area, around . . .
- Security at “heart” of relations with neighbours says Zeidan By Michel Cousins.
Tripoli, 14 December:
Prime Minister Ali Zeidan has said that security was the prime objective of his six-day visit to . . .
- No foreign troops entered Libyan southern borders – government By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 21 January 2014:
The Libyan government assured the public in a press release yesterday that no foreign troops had . . .
- Man from Sudanese rebel group killed in gun-battle over hijacked vehicle in Kufra Kufra, 16 August:
One Sudanese man was killed and three Chadians taken into custody on Tuesday, following a gun-battle with local security . . .