200 inmates escape Sebha prison as Congressmen from Fezzan stage GNC walkout
By George Grant & Mohammed Eljarh.
The fort at Sebha. Southern Congressmen have accused the GNC and the government of doing too little to address the security situation across Fezzan.
Tripoli, 6 December:
Some 200 prisoners have escaped from a jail in Sebha with the alleged complicity . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Al-Thinni officially appointed PM, new government within a week By Ashraf Abdul-Wahab and Hadi Fornaji.
Tripoli, 8 April 2014:
Abdullah Al-Thinni was today officially appointed as Prime Minister by the General National . . .
- Misratan-led forces take control of military barracks and airport in Sebha By Jamal Adel.
Tripoli, 10 April 2014:
The Misratan-led Third Force has taken control of Sebha’s military barracks and airport, which had been seized by the Alwad Suleiman after being vacated…
- Sebha meeting on telecommunications problems in South By Jamal Adel.
Tripoli, 18 December 2013:
The dire state of telecommunications in the south of the country was the subject of a . . .
- Zeidan promises investment in Kufra in bid to improve security in South By Ahmed Elumami and Michel Cousins.
Tripoli, 3 June 2013:
The Prime Minister Ali Zeidan flew to Kufra today to address security issues . . .
- GNC group calls on Abu Sahmain to resign By Libya Herald Staff.
Tripoli, 7 April 2014:
A group of 30 members of the General National Congress (GNC) has demanded the resignation . . .
- Fezzan: no state, three peoples By Mathieu Galtier.
Sebha, 22 September 2013:
The King (of Kings of Africa) is dead. Long live the people!
Since the death of Qaddafi, . . .