GNC approves legislation for “Isolation Law” targeting Qaddafi officials
By Tom Little.
Demonstrators gathered outside the GNC building in central Tripoli last night to repeat their demands (Photo: Tom Little)
Tripoli, 26 December:
The General National Congress (GNC) has approved a “Political Isolation Law” intended to bar senior political . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Al-Thinni officially appointed PM, new government within a week By Ashraf Abdul-Wahab and Hadi Fornaji.
Tripoli, 8 April 2014:
Abdullah Al-Thinni was today officially appointed as Prime Minister by the General National . . .
- GNC members issue statement on “isolation law” By Maha Ellawati.
Benghazi, 24 December:
A diverse group General National Congress (GNC) members issued a statement on proposals for an “isolation . . .
- GNC group calls on Abu Sahmain to resign By Libya Herald Staff.
Tripoli, 7 April 2014:
A group of 30 members of the General National Congress (GNC) has demanded the resignation . . .
- Protesters call for GNC, government and companies to be ‘cleansed’ By Wil Crisp.
Tripoli, 19 February 2013:
Around 200 people demonstrated outside the Rixos Hotel this afternoon, Tuesday, as inside, the General National . . .
- The Constitutional Commission will be elected and the political isolation law is constitutional, rules Congress
By Valerie Stocker,
Tripoli, 11 April 2013:
The General National Congress last night confirmed that the Commission that will draft Libya’s new Constitution . . .
- Zeidan government sworn in By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 14 November:
Libyan Prime Minister Ali Zeidan and the majority of his newly elected government were sworn in today . . .