Amazigh demand New Year holiday
Tripoli, 4 January:
A number of local councils in Amazigh . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Congressman’s speech sparks controversy over Tamazight Language By Umar Khan.
Tripoli, 13 November 2013:
Ghariyan Congressman and National Front Party member Muhammed Younis Toumi has sparked controversy over the poisition of . . .
- Amazigh Supreme Council continues boycott of Constitutional Assembly By Taziz Hasairi.
Tripoli, 12 April 2014:
The Amazigh Supreme Council (ASC) has said it will not cooperate with plans to elect the 13 remaining seats for the Constitutional Assembly, left va…
- Libyan photographer wins first prize in UAE-based competition By Taziz Hasairi.
Tripoli, 10 April 2014:
A Libyan photographer has beaten 170 entrants to win first prize in a UAE-based Art of Graffiti competition.
Bashar Hkulailh’s image the Pulse…
- An Amazigh(ing) New Year By Taziz Hasairi.
Tripoli, 13 January 2014:
For Libya’s Amazigh community, today is a double festival. It is both Mawlid Al-Nabi, the Prophet’s Birthday – and, as such, a public holiday – and …
- Corruption will not be wiped away in a day – Zeidan
By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 18 August 2013:
Speaking at last Wednesday’s press conference, Prime Minister Ali Zeidan admitted that corruption in Libya will not be wiped away in a day or two….
- Berbers can no longer be suppressed in Libya
By Terry Friel
For decades, they were not just suppressed in Libya, their very existence was denied.
They were tortured, jailed or killed for speaking their language or flying…