Tense calm in Sebha after six days of clashes
By Beata Oleksy.
Special forces troops enter Sebha on 31 December to try and end inter-tribal fighting (Photo:LH)
Tripoli, 4 January:
A fragile calm held in Sebha today after six days of fighting between the Qadhadhfa and Awlad . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Renewed Sebha clashes leave four dead
Tripoli, 3 January:
Renewed tribal clashes between members of the Qadhadhfa and the Awlad Suleiman yesterday left four people dead in the town of Sebha and several others wounded.
- Tripoli conference produces Sebha peace deal By Farah Waleed.
Tripoli 20 April 2013:
Rival groups who have been the cause of continuing instability in Sebha and elsewhere on the . . .
- Misratan-led forces take control of military barracks and airport in Sebha By Jamal Adel.
Tripoli, 10 April 2014:
The Misratan-led Third Force has taken control of Sebha’s military barracks and airport, which had been seized by the Alwad Suleiman after being vacated…
- Al-Thinni officially appointed PM, new government within a week By Ashraf Abdul-Wahab and Hadi Fornaji.
Tripoli, 8 April 2014:
Abdullah Al-Thinni was today officially appointed as Prime Minister by the General National . . .
- Details emerge of attack on Magarief in Sebha
Tripoli, 6 January:
Head of the General National Congress (GNC) Mohamed Magarief said last night, Saturday, that the hotel he was staying in on a visit to Sebha was attacked by gunmen who fi…
- Magarief to discuss “closed military zone” on Sebha visit
Tripoli, 2 January:
The head of the General National Congress Mohamed Magarief arrived in Sebha this morning as part of a fact-finding visit to Libya’s south, Libyan news agency LANA reporte…