GNC officially renames Libya the “State of Libya” – until the new constitution.
By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 9 January:
The General National Congress (GNC) voted yesterday, Tuesday, to adopt the “State of Libya” as the country’s . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Opinion: Handover ceremony – Mustafa Abdul Jalil controversial to the end By Sami Zaptia. Tripoli, 11 August: Islam, democracy, personal freedoms, secularism and the new Libya The handover ceremony between Libya’s unelected and outgo…
- ‘There will be an official handover report to the GNC’ By Sami Zaptia Tripoli, 26 July: According to article No. 30 of the Transitional Constitutional Declaration (TCD), the National Transitional Council (NTC), L…
- Zeidan will take a patriotic stance on the 7 February issue By Sami Zaptia. Tripoli, 4 February 2014: Commenting on the upcoming 7th February issue, the date that some political activists, basing their views . . .
- Final vote on the Constitutional Drafting Committee election law slated for tomorrow By Nihal Zaroug. Tripoli, 15 July 2013: Tomorrow should see the final vote on the election law for the Constitutional Drafting Committee. A call . . .
- Prosecutor General’s Office makes statement on various issues By Sami Zaptia. Tripoli, 12 January: Yesterday, the Prosector General’s . . .
- GNC is coerced and laws passed are legally unsound – Zeidan By Sami Zaptia. Tripoli, 18 January 2014: Speaking at last Tuesday’s press conference on Libya’s current political impasse, Zeidan, admitted that the . . .