Sudanese FM briefs Magarief on South Sudan relations
Congress President Mohamed . . .[restrict]Magarief with Sudanese FM Ali Karti
Tripoli, 15 January 2013:
Sudan’s Foreign Minister, Ali Karti, arrived in Tripoli today, Tuesday, to brief the Libyan government on the state of relations between Sudan and South Sudan and the security situation in the region.
In the absence of Prime Minister Ali Zeidan and Foreign Minister Mohamed Abdulaziz, who are on a visit to Qatar, he held talks with General National Congress President Mohamed Magarief, conveying a note to him from Sudan’s President Omar Al-Bashir.
Other African issues as well as bilateral cooperation also figured in the talks which were attended by Sudan’s ambassador to Libya.
Tripoli was the first leg of a tour by Karti to brief African governments and other organisations on Sudan’s position on the implementation of the Sudan-South Sudan agreements. After Libya, he was due to visit Tunisia and Algeria. [/restrict]
More from Libya Herald..
- Sudanese navy chief on goodwill visit Tripoli, 20 January:
Sudan’s navy chief of staff, arrived today, Sunday, in Tripoli on a goodwill visit aimed at strengthening ties between . . .
- Zeidan arrives in Khartoum in tour of neighbouring states By Michel Cousins.
Tripoli, 13 December:
Prime Minister Ali Zeidan arrived in Sudan today where he met President Omer Al-Bashir and First Vice . . .
- Security at “heart” of relations with neighbours says Zeidan By Michel Cousins.
Tripoli, 14 December:
Prime Minister Ali Zeidan has said that security was the prime objective of his six-day visit to . . .
- El-Kib holds talks with Sudanese Tripoli, 12 June:
A delegation led by Sudan’s First Vice-President Ali Osman Mohammed Taha landed in Tripoli on Sunday for talks with Prime . . .
- Southern farmers send dates to famine and flood-stricken neighbour countries Tripoli, 5 December 2013:
Humanitarian aid in the form of twenty tons of dates is being sent to Sudan and Somalia by . . .
- Libya prepares for World Cup Qualifiers finale By Mohammed Najah,
Tripoli, 1 July 2013:
In a very strong position as leaders of their group in the qualifiers for the 2014 . . .