Saudi Arabia donates thousands of copies of the Koran to Libya
Tripoli, 16 January 2013:
The Comgressional Committee of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs met with the Saudi Ambassador, Muhammed Al-Ali, on Wednesday to discuss improving relations between the two countries in the field of Islamic Affairs.
During the meeting Saudi Arabia presented a gift of 10,000 copies of the Koran to the Libyan people.
More from Libya Herald..
- Comms Minister holds talks with Chinese ambassador Tripoli, 23 December:
Minister of Communications Osama Abdurauf Siala met the Chinese ambassador today to discuss ways of improving cooperations between the two countries in the field of telecom...
- Cleaners commended for honourable behaviour
Tripoli, 10 July 2013:
The Ministry of Local Government and the local council of Zliten, have honoured three garbage collectors for handing over a bag of gold and silver, which they found in...
- New Iraqi Ambassador presents credentials Tripoli, 26 May 2013:
The Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, Mohamed Abdelaziz, met today with the new Iraqi ambassador to Libya, Saad Rida, to receive his credentials.
- Oil output 1.7 million barrels a day by year end – Al-Arusi Tripoli, 24 February 2013:
Oil Minister Abdulbari Ali Abdel-Hadi Al-Arusi was reported today, Sunday, by the Libyan news agency LANA as saying that he believed that the country’s oil production ...
- Ajdabiya lawyers demand improvements Tripoli, 26 February 2013:
Lawyers and judges in Ajdabiya this morning staged a protest vigil. They were demanding that an appeal court be established in the city, along with proper facilities ...