Immigration sweep nets over 100 illegals
Tripoli, 28 January 2013:
Immigration authorities in Tobruk, working with the Jaghboub border police have in the last two days, arrested than 100 illegal immigrants working in the area. Those detained included Egyptians, Palestinians and Africans from a number of countries. The sweep followed warnings issued in the media last week, that action would be taken against any foreign nationals not holding an entry permit and the appropriate residence visa.
More from Libya Herald..
- Turkish Airlines to launch Tobruk – Istanbul service By Seraj Essul.
Tripoli, 21 August 2013:
In what is being taken as a further sign of returning Turkish enthusiasm for Libyan projects and trade, Turkish Airlines has announced a new serv...
- Illegal immigrants caught in southern Libya Tripoli, 31 March 2013:
Libyan border guards have caught 265 illegal immigrants in the Al Wigh area of southern Libya, according to Libyan news agency LANA.
The immigrants, nationals from fiv...
- Road crash kills 16 illegal immigrants and a local Tripoli, 18 May 2013:
A road crash near Mizdah has killed 16 illegal immigrants and a Libyan driver. The collision between a car driven by a local and a vehicle carrying 24 sub-Saharan Africans ...
- Hunt still on for illegal immigrants after Ghariyan detention centre breakout By Farah Waleed.
Tripoli, 25 April 2013:
Police are still searching for the remaining 160 illegal immigrants who overpowered guards and escaped from Abushada prison in Ghariyan on Wednesday n...
- Desert search goes on as three Egyptian illegals found, two of them dead By Hadi Fornaji.
Tripoli, 29 October 2013:
One suspected Egyptian illegal migrant was rescued and two more were found dead, as the search continued for up to 100 more individuals who were app...