Tawerghans: unlikely to return soon
By Beata Oleksy
A Tawerghan refugee in Benghazi ( Photo: George Grant)
Benghazi, 28 January 2013:
Sitting on a shabby bench, an 84 year-old Tawerghan worries about his land that he fled . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Misratan-led forces take control of military barracks and airport in Sebha By Jamal Adel.
Tripoli, 10 April 2014:
The Misratan-led Third Force has taken control of Sebha’s military barracks and airport, which had been seized by the Alwad Suleiman after being vacated…
- Preventing return of Tawerghans is crime against humanity: HRW Tripoli, 28 June 2013:
The Libyan authorities have been urged by Human Rights Watch (HRW) to allow the displaced people of Tawergha . . .
- GNC group calls on Abu Sahmain to resign By Libya Herald Staff.
Tripoli, 7 April 2014:
A group of 30 members of the General National Congress (GNC) has demanded the resignation . . .
- Minister plans to address internally displaced citizens By Hadi Fornaji.
Tripoli, 26 February 2013:
Government plans to ensure that people who fled their homes during or after the revolution, or . . .
- HRW calls on Libya to stop revenge “crimes” against Tawerghans, wants UN sanctions against those involved
Tripoli, 20 March 2013:
The New York-based human rights organization Human Rights Watch (HRW) has described the treatment of people from Tawargha . . .
- Vigil in Misrata after discovery of mass grave Tripoli, 17 May 2013:
Civil society organisations in Misrata held a vigil this evening for those who died during the revolution, following . . .