Libya’s drug menace could threaten Europe
By Mathieu Galtier.
Khaled Karrah is fighting drugs in Libya’s capital (Photo: Mathieu Galtier)
Tripoli, 2 February 2013:
Khaled Karrah, a relative of Abdul Rauf Karrah, the leader of the SSC, is the former . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Libya Shield forces capture “drugs dealers” in Mizdah Tripoli, 28 December:
A Libya Shield unit, the southern brigade, captured several “drug dealers” yesterday in Mizdah, Libyan news agency LANA reported.
Security . . .
- Jalu trench motivated by security fears By Jamal Adel.
Tripoli, 5 January 2014:
A member of Jalu Local Council has said that the huge trench to be built around . . .
- Border security officer assassinated in Benghazi Benghazi, 5 July:
Colonel Sulaiman Hasan Bortima, an officer working for the borders control department in the district of Gharyonis in Benghazi . . .
- Illegal immigration – a concern but “under control” By Houda Mzioudet.
Tripoli, 3 March 2013:
“They may return, be jailed and so on and so forth; that is life. But otherwise . . .
- Illicit trade is driving crime and instability in transitional Libya: USIP
Tripoli, 26 February 2014:
A report on illicit trade in Libya published last Monday by the United States Institute of Peace concludes that illicit trade is driving crime and security and politi…
- Drug problems rise as street prices plummet By Ashraf Abdul Wahab.
Tripoli, 5 November 2013:
Libya’s drug problem is on the rise with street prices plummeting since the revolution, according . . .