Benghazi detention centre attacked
By Maha Ellawati.
Benghazi, 3 February 2013:
Benghazi’s illegal immigrant detention centre was attacked yesterday evening, Saturday, and its administrative offices torched.
The attack . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Former local education head shot dead in Benghazi By Noora Ibrahim.
Benghazi, 8 April 2014:
A former head of education for one of the districts of Benghazi has been shot dead . . .
- Multiple road closures bring Tripoli to a standstill By Libya Herald staff.
Tripoli, 7 April 2014:
Much of Tripoli is at a standstill this afternoon, with multiple road closures leading to . . .
- Jalu trench motivated by security fears By Jamal Adel.
Tripoli, 5 January 2014:
A member of Jalu Local Council has said that the huge trench to be built around . . .
- Hunt still on for illegal immigrants after Ghariyan detention centre breakout By Farah Waleed.
Tripoli, 25 April 2013:
Police are still searching for the remaining 160 illegal immigrants who overpowered guards and escaped from . . .
- Ansar Al-Sharia to be disbanded “by force if necessary” as first arrests made in connection with US consulate killings
Tripoli, 14 September:
Ansar Al-Sharia, the militant group believed to be behind Tuesday’s fatal attacks on the US consulate in Benghazi, is to be disbanded, by force if necessary, a reliabl…
- Benghazi Council official assaulted by thugs By Maha Ellawati.
Benghazi, 29 March 2013:
The secretary to Benghazi Local Council, Mahmoud Subaihi, was attacked and beaten up by militiamen yesterday, . . .