Hun to host Libya’s first-ever shot put contest
Tripoli, 4 February 2013:
Organisers of Libya’s first shot put competition are expecting up to 150 contestant to turn up for the tournament being staged in Hun. The event which involves throwing a 7.260 kilograms steel ball as far as possible, will run for two days from 14 February.
More from Libya Herald..
- Broken government funding promises mean locals pay for Hun Autumn Festival By Callum Paton
Tripoli, 4 December 2013
While a tourism minister has said that this year’s Autumn Festival in Hun demonstrates how his ministry is drawing more visitors to the country, t...
- Hun Autumn Festival, 28-30 November
Tripoli, 26 November 2013:
The Hun annual Autumn Festival, now in its 17th year, will be held this weekend, from 28 to 30 November.
The two-day festival will feature exhibits of local cos...
- Just three 4x4s to patrol 120 Jufra desert weapons stores By Callum Paton
Tripoli, 20 December 2013:
TheLibya Shield commander in Hun has said that weapons stores in the desert around Jufra lie at the mercy of gun runners and Al-Qaeda. He added ...
- Awjila Cultural Festival starts 17 January By Ashraf Abdul-Wahab.
Tripoli, 12 January 2014:
The Awjila Cultural Festival starts on 17 January. The event, sponsored by the Ministry of Tourism, will see groups from across the local ...
- Libya to start issuing tourist visas By Tazeez Hasairi.
Tripoli, 4 January 2014:
The Media Coordinator at the Ministry of Tourism, Faisel Alghaloushi, confirmed to Libya Herald that last Thursday 26 December 2013, the Ministry...