Prison visit for Al-Senussi
Tripoli, 4 February 2013:
Abdullah Al-Senussi was today visited in Hadba Al-Khadra jail by four members of the Libyan Observatory for Human Rights. This is the first time that Qaddafi’s former security chief has been seen by a Libyan organisation, since his extradition to Libya from Mauretania last September. The members of today’s visiting party made no statement after they left the prison.
More from Libya Herald..
- Still no access to lawyer for Senussi By Tom Westcott.
Tripoli, 20 April 2013:
Abdullah Al-Senussi, Qaddafi’s cousin and former spy-chief, has still not seen a lawyer despite having spent nearly eight months in a Libyan jail,...
- Congressman’s speech sparks controversy over Tamazight Language By Umar Khan.
Tripoli, 13 November 2013:
Ghariyan Congressman and National Front Party member Muhammed Younis Toumi has sparked controversy over the poisition of the Tamazight language, sayin...
- Five Benghazi fugitives caught at Tripoli airport Tripoli, 1 August 2013:
Five men who managed to escape from Benghazi’s main Kuwayfiyah prison in the mass jail break there on 27 July are reported to have been arrested at Tripoli Internationa...
- Jalu trench motivated by security fears By Jamal Adel.
Tripoli, 5 January 2014:
A member of Jalu Local Council has said that the huge trench to be built around the oasis town will combat illegal immigration, drug dealing and armed ...
- Oil output 1.7 million barrels a day by year end – Al-Arusi Tripoli, 24 February 2013:
Oil Minister Abdulbari Ali Abdel-Hadi Al-Arusi was reported today, Sunday, by the Libyan news agency LANA as saying that he believed that the country’s oil production ...