Wives can no longer stop husbands taking second bride
Tripoli, 8 February 2013:
A husband may now marry second wife, without the permission of his first, following a ruling by the . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Opinion: Women in Libya are in a state of denial regarding women’s rights in Libya By Magdulien Abaida.
13 December 2012:
The first thing women’s rights activists in Libya mention about women’s rights in Libya now, is that . . .
- Abdul Jalil accuses ‘Libyan Islamists’ of Younis’s death By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 25 December:
Former NTC head Mustafa Abdul Jalil accussed a group of ‘’Libyan Islamists’’ of being responsible for the . . .
- Jebel Akhdar courts suspend work over security situation Tripoli, 30 December 2012:
Courts in the Jebel Akhdar have temporarily suspended their work in the region until the security situation improves, . . .
- Prosecutor General’s Office makes statement on various issues By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 12 January:
Yesterday, the Prosector General’s . . .
- Amazigh Supreme Council continues boycott of Constitutional Assembly By Taziz Hasairi.
Tripoli, 12 April 2014:
The Amazigh Supreme Council (ASC) has said it will not cooperate with plans to elect the 13 remaining seats for the Constitutional Assembly, left va…
- RWB urges Libyan court to dismiss charges against ailing newspaper editor Tripoli, 22 June 2013:
Reporters Without Borders (RWB) is urging a Tripoli court to dismiss the charges against Amara Al-Khatabi, editor of . . .