Ghat: a former Qaddafi stronghold struggles to keep up with Libyan revolution
By Houda Mzioudet.
Ghat fort (Photo: Houda Mzioudet)
Ghat, 9 February 2013:
The border town of Ghat, deep in Just south-west of the . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Water shortages from Benghazi to Sirte set to end as electricity supply is reconnected By Jamal Adel.
Tripoli, 19 February 2014:
Water shortages that have affected an area from Benghazi to Sirte since the . . .
- Rebyana, the forgotten town By Mathieu Galtier.
Tripoli, 13 April, 2014:
The school director rings the bell but only one teacher is there. Dr Lee examines a child even though he has only Paracetamol to give.
- Kufra Tebus call for municipal elections to be postponed By Jamal Adel.
Tripoli, 8 April 2014:
Tebu elders in Kufra have called on the Ministry of Local Government to delay the town’s municipal . . .
- Fezzan: no state, three peoples By Mathieu Galtier.
Sebha, 22 September 2013:
The King (of Kings of Africa) is dead. Long live the people!
Since the death of Qaddafi, . . .
- Ghadames local council says town is besieged Tripoli, 19 January 2013:
Ghadames local council has said that it is under siege by a group of militiamen positioned around the . . .
- Security at “heart” of relations with neighbours says Zeidan By Michel Cousins.
Tripoli, 14 December:
Prime Minister Ali Zeidan has said that security was the prime objective of his six-day visit to . . .