New prison for Misrata
Tripoli, 10 February 2013:
Justice Minister Salah Bashir Margani today said he hoped that all the 2,000-plus detainees held in prisons in . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Two prisoners killed in attempted Tripoli prison break By Muttaz Mohamed Ali.
Tripoli, 12 April 2014:
Two prisoners were killed last night at Ain Zara’s Ruwaimi jail in Tripoli after revolutionaries supporting prison guards opened fire during an…
- Misratan-led forces take control of military barracks and airport in Sebha By Jamal Adel.
Tripoli, 10 April 2014:
The Misratan-led Third Force has taken control of Sebha’s military barracks and airport, which had been seized by the Alwad Suleiman after being vacated…
- Justice Ministry seized by SSC; minister and staff ejected By Nihal Zaroug.
Tripoli, 31 March 2013:
The Ministry of Justice was surrounded this morning by members of the Supreme Security Committee in charge . . .
- No more trials for civilians in military courts, Jalil included, says Justice Minister By George Grant.
Tripoli, 19 December:
The Ministry of Justice is planning to amend a Qaddafi-era law that allows civilians to be tried . . .
- At least 14,000 escaped prisoners remain at large, threaten security Tripoli, 13 August 2013:
Some 14,000 prisoners remain at large, having escaped from jails across the country since the start of the . . .
- Protests outside Military Intelligence offices at appointment of Salah Badi By Libya Herald staff.
Tripoli, 24 March:
The headquarters of the Libyan Military Intelligence was blockaded yesterday by staff protesting about the appointment . . .