No letter bomb at post office
Tripoli: 10 January 2013:
An Interior Ministry official has denied claims that a package containing explosives was found at the Tripoli main Post Office building in Algeria Square.
The official told the Libyan news agency LANA that following concerns about a suspect package, a bomb disposal team was sent to investigate. It turned out that the bag contained a set of documents and personal papers belonging to a Libyan national.
More from Libya Herald..
- Cleaners commended for honourable behaviour
Tripoli, 10 July 2013:
The Ministry of Local Government and the local council of Zliten, have honoured three garbage collectors for handing over a bag of gold and silver, which they found in...
- Benghazi JSR spokesperson continues to criticise Ministry of Interior By Ahmed Elumami, Benghazi and Sami Zaptia, Tripoli.
7 August 2013:
Speaking to Libya Herald, Benghazi’s Joint Security Room (JSR) official spokesperson, Mohamed Hijazi repeated his criticism...
- Bomb attack in Murzuk A small hand bomb was thrown at security officials in the south-western town of Murzuk on Thursday, injuring six, writes our reporter Bubakr Mohamad in the town. They are said to be Qaddafi support...
- Bomb defused outside Benghazi hospital By Libya Herald Staff.
Benghazi, 5 November 2013:
A bomb has been defused outside Benghazi Medical Centre (BMC), after staff found a suspicious-looking bag left in the doctors’ car-park.
- Anti-tank mine defused in Benghazi shopping district Tripoli, 11 November 2013:
An anti-tank mine was found on one of Benghazi's popular shopping streets yesterday and defused.
The device was found in a bag on Venisia Street, in Benghazi's Hawa...