New Media Minister promises to defend freedom of press
Tripoli, 11 February 2013:
The new Media Minister, Yousef Mohamed Sharif, has said that the press in Libya need have no fears . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Congressman’s speech sparks controversy over Tamazight Language By Umar Khan.
Tripoli, 13 November 2013:
Ghariyan Congressman and National Front Party member Muhammed Younis Toumi has sparked controversy over the poisition of . . .
- Cleaners commended for honourable behaviour
Tripoli, 10 July 2013:
The Ministry of Local Government and the local council of Zliten, have honoured three garbage collectors for handing over a bag of gold and silver, which they found in…
- Libyan media to be regulated by new Ministry of Information By George Grant.
Tripoli, 26 November:
The National Congress has voted to create a new Ministry of Information to regulate the Libyan media.
The . . .
- Libya must protect rights of journalists says freedom of press NGO
Tripoli, 12 August 2013:
The Libyan authorities should urgently put into place legislative and judicial measures to protect the rights of journalists and guarantee freedom of press, said Rep…
- National Congress meets to discuss security amidst media arrests and protests By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 23 August:
Libya’s newly elected General National Congress (GNC) met today after taking a break for the end of . . .
- Minister not targeted by gunmen, Libyan media must check facts, says Ministry Tripoli, 28 October 2013:
The Ministry of Martyrs and Missing People has called upon Libyan journalists to verify stories before publishing them, . . .