Police equipment fair opens
Prime Minister Ali Zeidan and Interior Minister Ashour Shuwail inspect the exhibits
Tripoli, 11 February 2013:
The first Police Clothing and Equipment Fair opened today in Tripoli. It was opened by Prime Minister Ali Zeidan who was accompanied by Interior Minister Ashour Shuwail and the Director of Security in Tripoli.
The fair is a response to the government’s massive expansion of the police force to take in the many revolutionary brigades that had become part of the Supreme Security Committee. The SSC is being wound down. Over 27,000 former members have now joined the police force.
The show, at the Tripoli International Fairground, lasts until 13 February.
More from Libya Herald..
- New body to be in charge of police By Hadi Fornaji.
Tripoli, 6 January:
A Supreme Police Council has been set up by the government. Part of the Ministry of the Interior, the body will consist of 10 high-ranking police officer...
- Interior Ministry budget allocation “not enough”: Shuwail By Farah Waleed.
Tripoli, 17 April 2013:
The Ministry of Interior’s LD 3-billion budget allocation is insufficient for its needs, according to the Minister, Ashour Shuwail.
- First Deputy Head of GNC condemns SSC’s demonstration as ‘unreasonable’ By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 2 January:
Juma Attaiga, the First Deputy head of the General National Conference (GNC) condemned the demonstration tactics used by some Supreme Security Committee (S...
- Over 5,000 SSC members joined police in 10 days: Interior Minister Shuwail By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 5 January:
Speaking at the end-of-week multi-ministerial press conference on Thursday, Interior Minister Ashour Shuwail revealed that over 5,000 members of the Suprem...
- Benghazi police institute receives 1,500 SSC applications in two days Tripoli, 16 December:
Benghazi’s police training institute has been overwhelmed by the number of applications from members of the city’s Supreme Security Committee (SSC) hoping to join the polic...