Minister plans to address internally displaced citizens
By Hadi Fornaji.
Deputy Prime Minister Awad Barasi meets with ministers to discuss solutions to Libya’s 60,000 IDPs and several hundreds thousand exiles (Photo: PM’s Office)
Tripoli, 26 February 2013:
Government plans to ensure that people who fled their homes during or after the revolution, or . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Ghadames local council says town is besieged Tripoli, 19 January 2013:
Ghadames local council has said that it is under siege by a group of militiamen positioned around the . . .
- Misratan-led forces take control of military barracks and airport in Sebha By Jamal Adel.
Tripoli, 10 April 2014:
The Misratan-led Third Force has taken control of Sebha’s military barracks and airport, which had been seized by the Alwad Suleiman after being vacated…
- Distrust in Ghadames as Tuareg dream of a new city By Marcus Rhinelander.
Ghadames, April 7.
Dozens of Tuareg elders came together last Monday for an asihar, or gathering, half way between the . . .
- Ras Jedir border crossing reopens By Ashraf Abdul Wahab.
Tripoli, 9 April 2014:
The Ras Jedir border crossing with Tunisia is now open to normal traffic after discussions brought to an end its month-long closure.
- Libyan Airlines launches flights to Djerba By Libya Herald staff.
Tripoli, 11 April 2014:
Libyan Airlines launched its inaugural flight to Djerba, Tunisia yesterday from Tripoli International Airport.
- Ghadames summit: Libya, Algeria and Tunisia to intensify border security
Tripoli, 12 January, 2013:
The Libyan, Algerian and Tunisian prime ministers have agreed on a major upgrade of cross-border security, cracking down on the smuggling of people, drugs and arms…