No Result
View All Result
Wednesday, May 20, 2026
23 °c
Tripoli
24 ° Sat
24 ° Sun
  • Advertising
  • Contact
LibyaHerald
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
SUBSCRIBE
  • Home
  • Libya
  • Business
  • Opinion
  • Magazine
  • Advertising
  • Login
  • Register
No Result
View All Result
LibyaHerald
No Result
View All Result
Home Libya

Malta accused of interfering in Libyan affairs

byMichel Cousins
December 21, 2014
Reading Time: 2 mins read
A A

By Libya Herald staff.

Misrati Malta presser
Chargé d’Affaires in Malta Hussin Musrati (right) at press conference (Photo: Times of Malta)

20 December 2014:

The acting Chargé d’Affaires at the Libya Embassy in Malta has accused the Maltese government of . . .[restrict]interfering in Libyan affairs by accepting the appointment by the Thinni government of former culture minister Habib Al-Amin as Libya’s ambassador to Malta. The Thinni government was illegal because of the 6 November decision by the Supreme Court which nullified the House of Representatives (HoR) and therefore all its decisions were illegal, Hussin Musrati said. He has been acting Chargé for since 20 November.

Speaking at a press conference this morning, Musrati said that the Supreme Court’s ruling had to be accepted.

“We respect the rule of law and once there has been a decision by the Supreme Court it has to be respected,” he insisted.

RELATED POSTS

Universal Air starts direct flights between Malta and Tripoli

23 flights of international aid from 12 states arrive in Libya within 24 hours – government asks UN to coordinate effort

He said that he was shocked by Malta’s decision to accept Al-Amin, appointed last month. Malta must remain neutral in the Libyan crisis, he insisted. He had asked Foreign Affairs Minister George Vella for a meeting but had not yet had a response.

“The Maltese government has been for a very long time encouraging dialogue in Libya, which is what the Salvation Government is also doing… We have to respect the verdict of the judiciary because if the judiciary falls, the entire country will fall too…

“Respect for the rule of law is the only way that we can build a democracy.”

Although Habib Al-Amin had not taken up the post – he has been in Tunisia where a close member of his family was reported to have been having an operation – Musrati said that he had managed to take over the embassy’s bank accounts and vehicles. This was theft, he said, and a complaint had been lodged with the Maltese police.

Musrati said that Omar Al-Hassi’s “National Salvation Government” was in contact with several European and African states and would be recognised by them shortly as Libya’s legitimate government. It was in control of much of the country, from Sidra to the Tunisian border, and the south.

The Central Bank of Libya was also working with Hassi’s government, he said.

Saddek Elkaber, sacked as the Central Bank’s governor by the HoR but still recognised by the Hassi administration, is now largely based in Malta.

(with thanks to The Times of Malta) [/restrict]

Tags: Hussin MusratiLibyaMalta

Related Posts

Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

Libya signs Health MoU with Morocco on the sidelines of the 79th World Health Assembly in Geneve

May 20, 2026
GNU to take oath at Benghazi HoR session and budget to be approved at Tripoli session: GNU
Libya

Libya emphasises it is not destination for irregular migration, cannot become migrant resettlement zone: Rome Quadripartite Cooperation Committee

May 20, 2026
Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli
Business

Fifth Libyan-German Economic Forum kicks off in Tripoli

May 19, 2026
Visiting Jordanian specialists perform 18 infertility and delayed childbearing operations in Zintan Hospital
Libya

First phase of the Health Ministry’s Central Emergency Response Room activated

May 18, 2026
In the year that Libya hopes to hold elections, decision declaring all previously registered NGOs void is now deemed binding
Libya

Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

May 18, 2026
Japanese embassy to resume its work from Tripoli soon
Libya

Japan ready to provide technical and technological support to improve quality of medical services provided to Libyan citizens

May 16, 2026
Next Post

Zahra councillors fail to turn up in Tripoli for mayor election

Algiers square to be pedestrianised

Algiers square to be pedestrianised

Top Stories

  • CBL receives results from meetings with international banks

    Central Bank of Libya source to Libya Herald: Direct transfers will effectively end the black market’s monopoly on foreign currency

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Fly Dubai announces launch of its direct Dubai-Benghazi route starting from 17 June

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Largest NOC delegation attends London’s Africa Energies Summit & Libya Energy Forum, signs MoU with LBBC and British Council

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Shell finalising study on several Libyan oil and gas fields’ development potential – to be submitted by end of May as part of 2025 MoU with NOC

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
  • Court of Appeal acquits former Qaddafi intelligence chief Senussi, and others, of all charges related to suppression of protesters during 2011 revolution

    0 shares
    Share 0 Tweet 0
ADVERTISEMENT
LibyaHerald

The Libya Herald first appeared on 17 February 2012 – the first anniversary of the Libyan Revolution. Since then, it has become a favourite go-to source on news about Libya, for many in Libya and around the world, regularly attracting millions of hits.

Recent News

Libyan Industry Union and National Economic and Social Development Board to sign MoU to support manufacturing business environment

CBL to inject US$ 3 billion in May and another US$ 3.5 billion in June to meet accumulated demand and stabilise currency and commodity markets

Sitemap

  • Why subscribe?
  • Terms & Conditions
  • FAQs
  • Copyright & Intellectual Property Rights
  • Subscribe now

Newsletters

    Be the first to know latest important news & events directly to your inbox.

    Sending ...

    By signing up, I agree to our TOS and Privacy Policy.

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    Welcome Back!

    Login to your account below

    Forgotten Password? Sign Up

    Create New Account!

    Fill the forms below to register

    *By registering into our website, you agree to the Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.
    All fields are required. Log In

    Retrieve your password

    Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

    Log In
    No Result
    View All Result
    • Login
    • Sign Up
    • Libya
    • Business
    • Advertising
    • About us
    • BusinessEye Magazine
    • Letters
    • Features
    • Why subscribe?
    • FAQs
    • Contact

    © 2022 LibyaHerald - Powered by Sparx Solutions.

    This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this website you are giving consent to cookies being used. Visit our Privacy and Cookie Policy.