World Bank holds off on Tunisian $50m power plant fund; implications for Libya
By PK Semler.
Tunis, 10 March 2013:
The World Bank is holding off . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- North Africa needs private sector investment, not charity. By Peter K. Semler. Washington DC, 20 February 2013: Tunisia, the Arab world’s first democracy, is under threat not because of a romp . . .
- Libyan Airlines launches flights to Djerba By Libya Herald staff. Tripoli, 11 April 2014: Libyan Airlines launched its inaugural flight to Djerba, Tunisia yesterday from Tripoli International Airport.
- Ras Jedir border crossing reopens By Ashraf Abdul Wahab. Tripoli, 9 April 2014: The Ras Jedir border crossing with Tunisia is now open to normal traffic after discussions brought to an end its month-long closure. Libyan an…
- Learning from Tunisian and Egyptian Arab Spring experiences – part two By Sami Zaptia. Tripoli, 01 April 2013: Further to my article yesterday summarizing the Stanford University conference in Tunis on transition in . . .
- Expected Resumption of Commercial Activity of Libyan Merchants in Tunisia, while Two Tunisians Were Injured by a Nalut Local By Houda Mzioudet. Tunis, January 2, 2013: Libyan merchants are expected to resume their commercial activity in Tunisia starting, January 1, 2013, Hamadi Mayara, the governor of Medenine, in …
- Over 500,000 Libyans currently in Tunisia – Libya’s ambassador in Tunis By Sami Zaptia. Tripoli, 9 June: Libya’s ambassador in Tunis, Jamal Jirnaz, confirmed yesterday that the number of Libyans in Tunisia had reached . . .
- Libyan militants whose freedom is sought by kidnappers are “innocent” claims negotiator
- Iraq embassy working as normal, staff have not left Libya
- Second NOC conference on environmental protection to be held in June
- No incidents mar elections in 16 new municipalities
- Government denies rumours about Jordanian ambassador’s release
- Kidnapped Benghazi student freed
- Italian ambassador back in Tripoli – has not quit the country
- GNC sitting to hear from Prime Ministerial candidates
- Clashes in Sirte leave one dead
- Integrity Commision decision overturned – 16 months on
- Business as usual for Tunisians despite kidnappings says embassy
- Training sessions held in Obari in preparation for municipal elections
- Second contingent of troops to arrive in Italy for training
- Municipal elections begin in Jalu
- Tunisia slashes Tripoli embassy staff
Newsletter sign up
Join Libya Herald Mailing List