Libya: the new Norway on the Mediterranean – Ralph Chami, IMF
By Sami Zaptia.
The IMF knows Libya well, said Ralph Chami on the occassion of the release of the IMF’s latest report on Libya (Photo: IMF).
Tripoli, 4 June 2013:
On 31 May the IMF released the full report of its Article IV consultation with Libya. . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- World Bank MENA Regional Economic Update optimistic on Libya’s prospects By Sami Zaptia
Tripoli, 10 April 2014:
The World Bank’s MENA Regional Economic Update, April 2014, released Tuesday, entitled “Harnessing the Global Recovery – A Tough Road Ahead”, says that …
- Corruption will not be wiped away in a day – Zeidan
By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 18 August 2013:
Speaking at last Wednesday’s press conference, Prime Minister Ali Zeidan admitted that corruption in Libya will not be wiped away in a day or two….
- MENA states turning the economic corner? – IMF WEO April 2014 report By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 8 April 2014:
The Middle East and North Africa could be turning the economic corner in 2014, stated theIMF today in its April 2014 World Economic Outlook report.
- Unemployment, subsidies, undiversified economy, stifled private sector – problems of Libyan economy: WB
Tripoli, 7 February 2014:
“Libya’s labour market is skewed toward the public sector, which employs more than 80 percent of the formal workforce, while the private sector employs just 4 percent…
- Libya’s high oil income stifles commercial bank lending to the private sector – IMF Working Paper By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 25 May 2013:
An IMF Working Paper entitled “Searching for the Finance-Growth Nexus in Libya” written by Serhan Cevik . . .
- Failure to raise US debt ceiling could damage global economy – Christine Lagarde By Sami Zaptia.
Washington DC, 8 October 2013:
With the US government shutdown and political deadlock at the US Congress threatening a global . . .