Recent unrest must be addressed by government with action and accountability – LFJL
Tripoli, 2 August 2013:
Lawyers for Justice in Libya (LFJL) is concerned by the political assassinations and attacks in Libya this week, . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Staff protest over violence closes Benghazi hospital By Maha Ellawati.
Benghazi, 13 July 2013:
A violent outbreak between two feuding families in Benghazi’s Al-Jalah hospital has sparked an angry protest . . .
- Paris conference called on security, justice and rule of law in Libya Tripoli, 5 February 2013:
A Paris conference organised for next week by the French government, will bring a Libyan delegation together with . . .
- National Congress leader Magarief says Libya should be a “secular state” By Sami Zaptia.
Research by Nihal Zaroug.
Tripoli, 1 October:
For the first time in his official capacity as the de facto president of . . .
- Libyan Women Draw Joint Plan of Action To Ensure Influence in Libya’s Democratic Transition Tripoli, 1 October 2013:
Libyan women groups and activists have developed a plan of action to strengthen their involvement and activities in Libyan . . .
- Opinion: Handover ceremony – Mustafa Abdul Jalil controversial to the end By Sami Zaptia.
Tripoli, 11 August:
Islam, democracy, personal freedoms, secularism and the new Libya
The handover ceremony between Libya’s unelected and outgo…
- Opinion: A People’s Constitution — The importance of inclusion in constitution making By Nelufer Elbadri.
Tripoli, 17 October:
We Libyans are learning that overthrowing the Qaddafi regime was only the first step of the revolution. . . .