Libya’s desert gazelles under threat of extinction
By Seraj Essul and Reem Tombokti.
The corpses of gazelles killed for sport spread out on a rock face in the desert (Photo: Al-Haya Association)
Tripoli, 10 August 2013:
Two years of unregulated hunting in the south of the country has left . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- US training boosts Libya’s environmental future
Tripoli, 12 August 2013:
The future of the country’s nature and wildlife is looking brighter after two Libyan environmentalists, full of ideas on how to change current attitudes, have been t…
- Movement of animals restricted after new outbreaks of Bluetongue and Foot and Mouth By Mariam Muttawa.
Tripoli, 15 September 2013:
Fresh outbreaks of Bluetongue and Foot and Mouth Disease (FMD) have forced farmers to cull infected . . .
- Qaddafi’s black camels flown to UAE By Ashraf Abdul Wahab.
Tripoli, 13 March 2014:
Three rare-breed black camels, believed to have been owned by Qaddafi, have been flown to . . .
- Foot and mouth immunisation campaign underway in Benghazi Tripoli, 28 November 2013:
Thousands of cows and sheep are being immunised in the Abyar area on the outskirts of Benghazi in . . .
- Former local education head shot dead in Benghazi By Noora Ibrahim.
Benghazi, 8 April 2014:
A former head of education for one of the districts of Benghazi has been shot dead . . .
- Jalu trench motivated by security fears By Jamal Adel.
Tripoli, 5 January 2014:
A member of Jalu Local Council has said that the huge trench to be built around . . .