Turkish Airlines to launch Tobruk – Istanbul service
By Seraj Essul.
Tobruk will be Turkish Airlines’ fourth Libyan destination
Tripoli, 21 August 2013:
In what is being taken as a further sign of returning Turkish enthusiasm for Libyan projects and trade, Turkish Airlines has announced a new service between Tobruk and Istanbul.
The three weekly flights mean that with Tripoli, Benghazi and Misrata, the airline now has four Libyan destinations.
After the agreement was signed this week with the Libyan Civil Aviation Authority, a member of Turkish Airlines staff told the Libya Herald that the schedule had yet to be finalised, adding that it was unlikely that flights would start before mid-October.
More from Libya Herald..
- Turkish Airlines voted best airline in Europe Tripoli, 28 June 2013:
Turkish Airlines, which flies to four destinations in Libya, has won prestigious awards including ‘Best Airline in Europe,’ ‘Best Airline in Southern Europe’ and ‘Best Bus...
- Tobruk-Tunis service unaffected by Tripoli events: Tunisair By Houda Mzioudet.
Tripoli, 23 November 2013:
The Tobruk-Tunis service has not been affected by the latest Tripoli events, Jalel Ourari, Tunisair spokesman in Tripoli told the Libya Herald.
- Turkish Airlines staff member killed in Tripoli office attack Tripoli, 28 December 2013:
One member of staff at Turkish Airlines has been killed and another injured in an attack, suspected to be an armed robbery, at the airlines' main office in Tripoli.
- Turkish Airlines fly medical team and relatives of murdered and injured staff to Tripoli By Tom Westcott.
Tripoli, 28 December 2013:
Relatives and close friends of Turkish Airlines employees killed and injured at the airline’s Tripoli office are being flown to Tripoli, along with...
- Italian firm set to double infrastructure contract in the east Tripoli, 29 August 2013:
An LD 40 million contract to improve and upgrade infrastructure and utilities in the eastern town of Cyrene is being extended by the local authority, with its value set ...