Inside Tripoli Zoo’s prison for illegal immigrants
By Tom Westcott and Ashraf Abdul Wahab.
The detention cell looks out into the grounds of Tripoli Zoo, where detainees held for more than a day may do some maintenance work (Photo: Tom Westcott, Libya Herald)
Tripoli, 26 August 2013:
Tripoli zoo is being used to hold foreigners found working illegally and . . .
More from Libya Herald..
- Plans to turn Bab Al-Azizia into giant entertainment centre presented. By Ashraf Abdul-Wahab.
Tripoli, 16 September, 2013:
South Korean architectural practice Siaplan today presented plans to the Ministry of Tourism to turn the . . .
- British Ambassador urges government to take action over migrant rights
Tripoli, 21 March 2014:
The British Ambassador to Libya, Michael Aron, has urged the government to ensure that migrants rights are fully met, after seeing “extremely challenging” conditions …
- Al-Thinni officially appointed PM, new government within a week By Ashraf Abdul-Wahab and Hadi Fornaji.
Tripoli, 8 April 2014:
Abdullah Al-Thinni was today officially appointed as Prime Minister by the General National . . .
- Migrants reportedly shot fleeing Libyan detention centre Tripoli, 6 July 2013:
Three migrants with gunshot wounds rescued off the coast of Malta last week were apparently fired at when . . .
- HIB finalizes Zliten LD 665-million utilities contract with Punj Lloyd By Naom Alkhosi.
Tripoli, 10 April 2014:
The Housing and Infrastructure Board (HIB), part of the Ministry of Housing and Utilities, and Indian construction and engineering company Punj Lloyd …
- 5th Mobtex International furniture and home textiles exhibition 21-24 April By Libya Herald staff.
Tripoli, 7 April 2014:
The 5th MOBTEX 2014 International Furniture, . . .