Another senior officer slain in Benghazi
By Maha Ellawati.
Navy Colonel Saleh Elhadiri
Benghazi, 2 October 2013:
Another senior military officer has been murdered along with his eight year-old son, as he was taking him to school in Benghazi.
It is thought that a sniper shot Navy Colonel Saleh Elhadiri three times as he was driving his his son Firas to school. Elhadiri lost control of the vehicle which then crashed. The boy was seriously hurt in the impact. His father was pronounced dead on arrival at hospital and Firas died of his injuries a few hours later.
More from Libya Herald..
- Americans file murder charges in Chris Stevens’ killing Tripoli, 7 August 2013:
The US authorities have filed criminal charges in the case of the attack on the US diplomatic compound in Benghazi on 11 September 2012 in which US Ambassador Chris Steve...
- More murderous attacks in Benghazi By Noora Ibrahim
Benghazi, 29 December 2013:
Two army officers, one of them retired were murdered today in Benghazi and two other soldiers seriously wounded,
The retired senior security o...
- Gunmen target another Benghazi journalist, threaten to kill her next time By Ashraf Abdul-Wahab.
Tripoli, 12 August 2013:
Benghazi journalist Khadija Al-Amami was shot at today by unknown gunmen. They missed but then sent her an SMS message saying they would ki...
- Benghazi tense as Shield commander’s home torched following Barghathi’s assassination By Ahmed Elumami and Maha Ellawati.
Benghazi, 18 October 2013:
The family home of Wissam Ben Hamid in the Benghazi suburb of Kuwafiyah was attacked and set on fire this afternoon by membe...
- Bomb fails to deter major Benghazi pro-Saiqa demonstration By Noora Ibrahim and Ayman Amzein.
Benghazi, 29 November 2013:
A small “gelatina” bomb was thrown into a major pro-Saiqa, anti-Ansar Al-Sharia demonstration in Benghazi today, injuring a ...